How to fix GPS recording issues on Huawei phones
Usually, battery saving settings on Huawei phones are the cause of most GPS troubles. These settings can force quit the GPS at any time, which means that the Pace To Race cannot continue to record your activity.
We do test on a Huawei P9 Plus and we can assure you set the app to be a protected and/or disable battery saving features it works great!
Try these tips when recording with a Huawei phone:
- Check that you’re running the latest updates of both the Pace To Race app and your Android device.
- Next, be sure to add Pace To Race as a ‘protected app’ in your phone’s settings and disable or ignore any energy optimizations or battery saving modes.
- An option shared by our community is to prevent auto-lock of the Pace To Race record screen. Leaving the screen on for the duration of the recording may prevent the phone from shutting the GPS off.
A list of some Huawei devices with recording issues:
- Android 6 devices
- Huawei Nova, Nova +
- Huawei P8, P8 Lite
- Huawei G7, G7 Plus
- Huawei Mate 7, Mate S
- Huawei Honor 7, 6, 6 Plus
- Honor 7, 6, 6 Plus, 4C
- Android 7 devices
- Huawei Mate 9, 8
- Huawei P9, P9 Plus, P9 Lite
- Honor 8
On the latest you need to go Settings->Apps , Choose ‘Pace To Race’ and then choose battery and configure things as shown below.